Like many others, Jason’s success hasn’t come easy and we explore his development all the way from starting a lawn mowing business when he was young, through to who he is today.In this episode we cover:
– Building a business when he was young
– His passion for business financial literacy and why it is so important
– How he sacrificed 3 years of his life when he was younger to further his career
– His journey of self-discovery through travel including a trip to North Korea.
– What it is like to be unhappy for periods of time while building your own business.
– What it is like to fire customers.
– Why he wrote his book ‘Stark Naked Numbers’ and what impact that has had on his business and life.
– And Much More.
Jason was a fantastic guest, was very transparent about his story and views, and was very generous with his expertise.
You can find Jason at:Linkedin
You can find SBO Financial at:
You can find Stark Naked Numbers at:
3:00 What is the Arbor Group?
3:55 What takes up most of your time?
5:30 Did you write your book because you felt you had to?
9:40 What do you put the failure rate of small businesses down to?
13:15 Do you remember your first business interest?
18:30 Were you scared of selling when you started your first business?
28:10 Why did you move away from hospitality into Accounting?
37:00 When did you decide to become an Accountant?
42:15 What made you join a gym?
52:15 Tell us about your experience in North Korea.
102:30 What did you do after your trip overseas?
1:10:10 Do you remember what your first month in business was like?
1:16:30 How did you go about firing your customers?
1:19:30 Do you remember a moment when you questioned why you went into business?
1:26:10 When did you decide to start teaching financial literacy?
1:35:10 What has becoming an author meant for you?
1:40:30 What does the future hold for you?
1:43:45 What would you say to a business owner or entrepreneur starting out?
Resources, and Companies Mentioned: